Saturday, August 11, 2012

Amour Pre-Production work

These are some more work from my Internship in Green Forest Animation (China). I was responsible for designing 3 characters for their next independent short film 'Amour'. Amour is a film about an alien who wants to be able to dance like humans, but his body makes it impossible for him to do so. This film is about the accidents that happen when he comes to earth to fulfill his dream. I designed 3 human characters, which were later modeled in Maya. 2 of my colleagues modeled the 2 female characters, I was responsible for modeling the male character. Below, are some scans from the Pre-Production followed by the snapshots of my 3d model.
This is Cici, the superhot blonde who can seduce any guy on earth with her beauty.


This is Betty, she is a very innocent girl and a nerd. She likes studying about space and she has a strong belief in the existence of extra terrestrial life


This is Charming. As his name says, he is the owner of the cafe Amour, and he is very popular among the ladies. He is confident and believes that he can attract any girl to his cafe.





Below is the modelsheet for Charming. I modeled the basic shape in Maya first and then sculpted the details on Z brush.



The basic model in Maya.

This is the final model with the details on Zbrush.

2 comments:

  1. Did you do the entire process from basic sketch to 3D model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I was responsible for the male character right from the pre prod to the sculpting.

      Delete